Do you know what your weight should be? The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institute of Health has developed an online Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator that you can use to help determine where you are in relation to your ideal body weight. You can view the BMI calculator here. A BMI of 18.5 – 24.9 is considered normal. Everyone is built differently; that’s why the normal BMI range is fairly wide. For example, if you’re very muscular, you might end up at the high end of the range since muscle weighs more than fat. However, if you have a normal build and you’re at or above the ideal BMI range, you should consider losing weight. When you’re overweight, your body has to work much harder, and the extra weight also places a great deal of stress on your bones and joints.
Obesity is a growing problem in the United States, bringing with it all kinds of serious complications such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. It is largely a result of the combined effects of poor eating habits and sedentary lifestyles. As a result, weight loss has become a multimillion dollar industry; yet most people find it very difficult to lose weight.
If you have struggled with weight loss, Andrew Bora can help you! In order to lose weight, you must burn up more calories than you consume. Don’t be deceived by fanciful claims you may have heard about certain fad diets– they can do you more harm than good.
Regular exercise and a healthy diet are both important. If you are motivated, Andrew will help you get on track with your workout and your diet so you can achieve the results you want!
- On average, Andrew’s clients lose 1-2 pounds per week (some are able to lose even more)
- Developing lean body mass facilitates fat loss through increased metabolism
- Working with a personal trainer helps keep you motivated to achieve your weight loss goals
Here’s a little experiment you can do to demonstrate how losing 20 pounds would feel. Get a sturdy bag and put 20 pounds worth of books in it. Next, assuming you are able to lift the bag without injuring yourself, pick it up and carry it around for a few minutes. That’s pretty heavy, isn’t it? Now put it down and feel the difference!
Don’t put off getting down to your ideal weight any longer. Weight loss brings many benefits:
- Significantly reduce your risk of developing serious diseases now and in the future
- Control your health care costs
- Look great and feel younger than your real age
- Improve your agility and enjoyment of sports activities
- Enjoy being able to wear the latest clothing styles, or just the ones in the back of your closet that no longer fit